. . . is deafening here! According to Site Meter, there were over 70 visits to the blog today (click on the Site Meter icon at the bottom of the page if you want to see stats). And we had the grand total of ONE comment. Now, Site Meter only counts visits, not visitors -- maybe the one commenter visited 70 times, but I doubt it! The reason I blog instead of quietly writing in my own journal is that I'm really hoping for feedback. I think out loud better if I know someone is listening.
I named the blog Adoption Talk not just because Zoe and Maya and I are talking about adoption, but in the hope that we'd ALL talk about talking about adoption! I'm no expert -- I'm just an opinionated mom sharing what we are doing in the hopes that you will share what you are doing. So please share!!!!!
So here are my suggestions to get more input from y'all:
1. Comment, PLEASE! Feel free to disagree, tell me I did it all wrong, suggest what I should have said instead. Feel free to agree, point out for the benefit of others how YOU did it or would do it. Comment just to say hi or tell us about yourself. Comment to brag on your kids, brag on yourself. Share your joys, share your fears. Comment, comment, comment! You don't need to sign up for a Google account to comment, you can be anonymous, no problem!
2. Children's book reviews. Email me (click on "See My Profile" to find my email address) your child's picture and review of their favorite children's book related to adoption, China, race, etc. Click here for more details, and here, here, here, and here, to read the first reviews.
3. Adult book reviews. Email me (click on "See My Profile" to find my email address) your picture (or not!) and review of YOUR favorite book about adoption, China, race, etc. Follow the format for the children's book review, or make up your own!
4. On-line resources. Share your favorite sites on adoption, China, international adoption, transracial adoption, parenting, race, etc. I'd love to have links to blogs by adult adoptees, other adoptive parents talking about talking about adoption, birth parents, etc. Share in the comments or email me.
5. Email me. Let me know what you'd like to see on the blog.
OK, that's enough whining -- I feel like an adolescent! No one wants to talk to me. Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm going to hide and eat worms!
Still hoping for change
2 months ago