Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Which is the spoof?

This or this?
I know which one is supposed to be the spoof, but "Angels of Adoption?" I thought my head would explode reading it! Their story seems to be "we paid a lot of money and were guaranteed a child. How dare CIS look at our fitness and think that a VERY RECENT DUI of which we are not at all guilty or embarassed or feel we need to explain makes us questionable to adopt. So we called up politicians who got the CIS person fired, and that has now given hope to other adoptive parents who figure that connections matter more than fitness. That makes us ANGELS!"

Sorry for the snark, but I know which of the two stories makes international adoptive parents look worse, and which one will do the most damage long term.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get real! They didn't know a recent DUI might keep them from adopting?! The adoption agency should have been on top of that one. I know someone who was hassled for a DUI that was dismissed by the court because they were UNDER the legal limit. Why they were arrested in the first place is a mystery. So a REAL DUI is a true scarlet letter in the adoption world.
I have to say that I think it's the other people involved who are quite nauseating. But it sounds like the adoptive parents are in love. They just wanted to get their baby home.... I just hope Daddy doesn't drink and drive anymore.