Thursday, September 16, 2010

Zoe's Note to Maya

I mentioned in the birthday post that Zoe had written a note to Maya for her birthday.  Zoe wants me to share it on the blog, and it's so sweet I can't resist!
Dear Maya,

Today is your birthday; now you are 7 years old!  I have a present for you.  It is too small to see and too big to hold.  (Answer:  L-O-V-E)

You're the best and only sister I ever had.  Sometimes when I'm alone I think about you.   I love the times when I help you.  I'm sorry for scaring you.

I know when you say, "I hate you.  Go away,"  I know you don't mean it.  You only really mean that you are mad.  I understand.

When I was a little girl making Mama play with me, I knew at that moment I would have you.  Other than getting Mama or Mimi, you're the best thing that's happened to me  When I'm at school I pray that God will keep you safe.  Happy Birthday!

Love, Zoe -- your big sister
Isn't that the funniest (you're the best and only sister I have!) and sweetest note ever?! I think I'm going to cry now. . . .

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. Sweetest note ever! clf

YoonSeon said...

Aww, that's gorgeous. Bless. ^_^

No Bamboozle said...

"It is too small to see and too big to hold." WOW! Sydney is convinced Zoe will be an author one day, since she is such an avid, thoughtful (and fast) writer.

No Bamboozle said...

"It is too small to see and too big to hold." WOW! Sydney is convinced Zoe will be an author one day, since she is such an avid, thoughtful (and fast) writer.

Claudia said...

love this note!

TJ said...

That is an awesome note. Thanks for sharing. So much wisdom and truth in such little note.

Michele said...

Pass the tissues! Zoe is an awesome big sis.