Monday, September 13, 2010

New Haircuts















I'm not sure what got into them, but the girls suddenly decided they wanted short hair!  On Thursday, Zoe looked at me critically and said, "Don't you need a haircut?"  Gee, thanks!  But that concern for the state of my hair was sufficiently unusual that I knew something was up.  "Why do you ask," I asked.  Zoe replies, "Well, if you need to get a haircut, maybe I could get a haircut, too."  Aha, that's more like it, center-of-the-universe girl!

So, on Friday, when the girls didn't have school, I got a haircut because I needed it, Zoe got a haircut because she wanted it, and Maya got a haircut because Zoe got one.  I was pretty amazed -- they've both insisted for years that they wanted their hair long and never wanted scissors to touch it. Maya got the little-girl bob, sans bangs, and Zoe got the slightly more grown up version with short stacked hair in the back tapering longer in the front.  Maya really got tickled that she had some guy named Bob on her head. . . .

I think they look as cute as can be, and picking up Zoe from school today I got an awfully long litany of people who love her new 'do!  Maya is more interested in the fact that she has two loose teeth, which explains her grimace in the picture above -- she can't pass a mirror without checking to see if she's lost a tooth yet!

5 comments:

No Bamboozle said...

WOW - I love the new "do's"! Also, very cute with the teeth checking. Hope the tooth fairy comes soon.

Dee said...

They are both super cute!! I wish my own DD, who is 6, would decide she no longer wants long hair. Much easier to take care of, in mama's book. :)

Cassi said...

Very cute!

Von said...

Nice!So you found a good hairdresser with acceptable views who did a good job too?

Bukimom said...

Totally adorable!