Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Maya Is Seven Today!


Yep, that's a 7-year-old you're looking at!  Maya would tell you she had a fabulous day, the best day of her life (but then, she's told me each day at school pickup that "Today was the best day of my life," so it's a little hard to judge!).

Zoe woke up her little sister by playing "Happy Birthday" on the piano this morning, and Maya hopped out of bed suitably dressed in her birthday suit -- for some reason she felt like disrobing during the night!  Zoe also wrote Maya a really sweet letter saying how happy she was that she and Maya are sisters.  Awwww!

Maya loved every present -- a Star Wars blanket, a big-girl watch ("it's not digital!"), books, DVDs, Polly Pocket stuff, Littlest Petshop stuff, Star Wars legos, TicTacs (yes, the breath freshener TicTacs -- she loves them!). .  .

The highlight,  however, was the special trip to the post office to pick up a package from China, and as expected, it was a birthday present from Maya's foster family.  They sent 12 jade pendants -- for each animal in the Zodiac!

But I see 13, I hear you cry!  They sent an extra dragon pendant for Zoe! They are so sweet to include Zoe in each present they send for Maya's birthday.

So Happy Birthday, Maya!  I'm glad it was a happy one!

10 comments:

Von said...

Whow!!!Happy Birthday Maya! Polly Pocket my favourite!Hope it was a great day all the way through.

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing when each day is better than the last! Happy Birthday Maya! clf

The Declassified Adoptee said...

Happy Birthday Maya!

I totally played with Polly Pocket, Legos, and Littlest Petshop when I was little too lol. I probably still have the old-school versions of those toys around here somewhere.

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday to your girl! She is looking so grown up...must be cute hair cut :)

Mei Ling said...

Happy Birthday Maya!

(I used to adore Polly Pockets..)

No Bamboozle said...

Wonderful - I am glad the day went well!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Maya, and many more to come! Your pendants are awesome!

TJ said...

Aawww @ little sister big sister birthday activities. Too cute. Those pendants look really cool. That's awesome that she got them from her foster parents, and that she's such a cutie. Happy birthday to her! And I love that haircut. Fits her awesomely.

Jeff and Madeline said...

Happy Birthday Maya!!! Sounds like an awesome day to me!
It is an awesome day when extended family can share in the joy too.

Cassi said...

Happy Birthday Maya!

I love Polly Pocket too!