Friday, July 3, 2009

Zoe's Dearest Wish

OK, if you've been reading here for a while, I bet you know where this one is going!

Zoe has been squirreling away fortune cookie fortunes in the cup holder of her booster seat for a while without me realizing it. When we drove to the store this morning, she pulled them out and entertained us with them:

"Endurance and perseverance will be rewarded."

"You will take a long journey and find your fortune."

"Someone is speaking well of you right now."

Is it my imagination, or is there a bit of a theme here?

Then the last one --

"Your dearest wish will come true."


Of course I asked: "Zoe, what's your dearest wish?"

Zoe replies, in that duh-mom's-dumb voice, "To meet my birth parents."

Of course.

3 comments:

park it said...

Oh little one - how we wish we could wave a magic wand...

Jeff and Madeline said...

I hope she does. As you know Malinda, we just made that wish come true to M and I can say it has changed her to the core. I hope the same can happen for Zoe. If you want to chat in a day or so maybe you can use some of what we did to find her family too. Good luck Zoe!

Meadow said...

I hope so too Zoe. It is so hard, and i wish for that for my daughter too (she is only 4 now)

Wendy I am so impressed you managed to find your daughters family. I would love to know how to go about this too one day. How wonderful. Your daughter is a very lucky girl to have a Mom who went to such lengths for her.