Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Adoption Voices: Adoptive Parents for Open Records

Have you heard of Adoption Voices, the social network for adoption? It's kind of like Facebook, but all adoption, all the time. There are groups and blogs and forums and who knows what all -- I just found out about it, so haven't really explored.

Margie of Third Mom and Komapseumnida (I told Margie that every time I see the name of her new blog I think of Mae West ("Come up and see me sometime!"), though I have no idea how it's actually pronounced in Korean!) has started a group at Adoption Voices: Adoptive Parents for Open Records. If you believe as I do, and as Margie does, that "an adopted person's right to their original birth certificate. . . . is a human and civil right," then please join the group.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I also just found them too! I am a parent for open records ~ so I'll pop on over there : )
P.S. I'm sure you've heard of the floods in Guangxi...so very sad...

Mahmee said...

Tonggu Momma invited me to join Adoption Voices recently. I had just heard about it the week before. Great network! There's another group at AV on discussions of open adoptions that I was invited to join recently that you might find interesting.....
http://adoptionvoices.com/group/whyopen.
M.