Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Campers

Chinese Camp started with a bang this morning with a dragon dance during opening ceremonies.


The dragon dance was a big hit, but it didn't make the list of Zoe's and Maya's favorite things at camp. For Maya it was the dance session. She liked dancing with a paper umbrella, but much preferred when they could dance any way they wanted. Her second favorite was kung fu. Zoe's favorite was arts & crafts, making a panda out of clay. Her second favorite was working on a China scrapbook in her home room. Maya also planted a flower seed in a paper cup, with which she gifted me (no idea what the Chinese heritage significance of that was -- maybe the same as the bounce house and snow cones they enjoyed during recreation period?!). Zoe's class also did a cooking session, and learned about century eggs and the Chinese version of funnel cakes (which they made and got to eat).

I expect my happy campers will sleep well tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even find out there was a dragon dance until today when another parent told me about it! My kids both liked cooking the best.
Sue (aka anonymous)