Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Helloooo! Adopted?

Driving home from ballet rehearsal (recital is Sunday!) this evening, we were being exceptionally silly. Zoe was "interviewing" me, and after asking my name and profession, she asked me, "And which simple machines do you use every day?" What?! "Uh, incline plane?"

I then interviewed Maya, and asked her to describe her personality (which is really difficult to define without using the word "personality!") -- "pretty, snuggly, funny." OK, so I asked her to describe her sister's personality --"mean, pretty, waterproof." Waterproof?! Where does she come up with this stuff?!

Then I interviewed Zoe, asking her to describe her personality --"smart, educational (!), mad . . . ." "Mad?" I asked, sounding very surprised since she was giggling like crazy. "What are you mad about?"

In her best mom's-an-idiot voice, Zoe answers, "Hellooooo! Adopted?!"

Oh, right. I forgot.

1 comment:

Jeff and Madeline said...

You get it, but you don't. :-)