Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Almond Eyes Redux

Remember my post about almond eyes? Well, I found an interesting blog post with great photos of almonds and eyes and almonds in eyes to refute the notion that "almond eyes" is an accurate description of "Asian eyes." Conclusion:
Jesus H., people, do I have to spell it out for you? East Asians don't have almond shaped eyes. White people do.

Yeah, that's right. So the next time you're looking for a cheap way to say that your Fu-Manchu-Dragon-Lady-love-you-long-time character is f***ing Asian, know that if you write that s/he has "almond (shaped) eyes" we are all gonna know you for the fraud you are.

Look at what you're looking at!

It's a must-see!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH STOP THE NEGATIVITY!! Turn that second almond facing outward, alot of Asian eyes are shaped like almonds. Move on!

malinda said...

"The sky isn't green."

OH STOP THE NEGATIVITY!!

LOL! Sorry, Get Real! It's kinda hard to take your comment seriously when it's clear your visit to the blog is just a drive-by.

I don't usually reply snarkily to comments, because I really appreciate differing opinions and dialogue. But I'm afraid you're not really contributing to the dialogue with this comment.

Feel free to explain your point in greatter detail and I'd be happy to discuss it. Or feel free to just move on!