Sunday, February 1, 2009

Birthday Calculator

It can be frustrating for us and for our children that we know so little about their life before we met them. When I started on Zoe's lifebook, I tried to collect as much information as I could, including the weather, the phase of the moon, etc., for the day of her birth.

This birthday calculator gives a lot of fun information, including possible date of conception, how many days/hours/minutes you've been alive, Zodiac/Chinese Zodiac information, and more. I think I'll print out each girl's report for their China Workbooks. It isn't a substitute for REAL information, but it's better than nothing!

Thanks to my mom, who sent me the link!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Malinda - I remember years ago someone sent me a link to a weather archive in China. I looked up Shangrao (Syd's birth city) and found that on the night / early morning she was found there was light precipitation and the temp was 40 degrees. Wish I could remember where that site is so I could post it...but it's out there!

Jeff and Madeline said...

Was it something like the WeatherUnderground Lisa? I rememeber something like that too.

Anonymous said...

Wendy - I wish I could remember. If I come across it again, I'll post it. :)

malinda said...

I bet it was Weather Underground -- that's where I found archival information about Zoe's birthday. But when I looked last year for Maya's birth date in Guiping, they had no information. I can also no longer put Guiping weather in the sticker on the blog -- it's Nanning weather. I don't know what's changed, but it seems they don't have as much China information as they once did.

Still, I think they probably have the best archival information for the larger cities in China.