Monday, April 23, 2012

I Made the LIST!!!

No, not the Circle of Moms Top 25 List -- that one is still cancelled!  But I made the list at two blogs where you'll find lots of other interesting blogs to read!

Check out iAdoptee's contest, started in response to COM's awful treatment of blogs that didn't toe the party line: Top 25 Adoptee Rights Blogs Written by Adoptive MothersTo be eligible, you had to be an adoptive mother "who has written one or more posts focused solely on promoting the basic human right of an adopted person to have an accurate record of their birth."  Not surprisingly, though shamefully, there are fewer than 25 blogs who met eligibility requirements.  But you will find a half-dozen excellent blogs by adoptive mothers, some of whom are already on my blogroll, and some who will be added soon, who have written about this basic human right.

And at Adoption Magazine, a blog hop netted over 100 blogs in response to the closure of the COM contest.  Eligibility was blessedly WIDE OPEN:

This blog hop will be open to all those affected by adoption, not just adoptive parents. My hope is that we will all let go of our preconceived notions and read with an open mind and heart. Sometimes fear, assumptions, and the unknown can make us feel threatened. But I believe that as long as everyone is respectful and open minded, we have so much we can learn from each other. I hope that this blog hop will further break down the barriers.


I made that list simply by adding myself!  I've found  a few new blogs to add to my blogroll on this list, as well as visiting lots of old friends. 

So, enjoy these lists where, as Adoption Magazine puts it, you don't have to "vote for anyone or give your left kidney."

I'm prouder to be on these lists than anything Circle of Moms put together!

No comments: