Thursday, June 17, 2010

How Cool!

Zoe and Maya are really enjoying their Chinese language camp.  Yes, Maya is going, too.  We were told she couldn't attend -- the youngest kids eligible were rising 3rd graders.  But when we went to pick up Zoe after the first class, the coordinator said Maya could attend!

Yesterday the girls were all atwitter with tales of learning new tricks with Chinese yo-yos and  doing martial arts with swords.  How cool!  But those weren't the only cool things . . . .

Zoe says a little girl asked her where she was born, and she said, "I don't know where I was born, but before coming to America I was in an orphanage in Guangxi Province, China."  The little girl's reaction to hearing that Zoe lived in an orphanage?  "How cool!"  The teacher overheard the conversation and asked Zoe to share her story with the class.  Zoe did, and all of her classmates agreed -- "How cool!"

Who knew that living in a Chinese orphanage was so cool?!

3 comments:

Adopter Yuping said...

So cool, I had my eyes wet. I will link it in my blogue. Thank you for sharing it.

LedaP said...

What a great story. I'd love to know where you are that this camp is available.

LedaP said...

PS. my first little girl is from Guangxi as well (Liuzhou)