Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Little Shepards

We've survived another holiday season of ballet! Both my girls were shepards in Ballet Concerto's Holiday Ballet. Zoe was a shepard last year as well (and oddly enough, a shepard for her 3rd grade play!), and it was fun to compare the two performances and see very concretely how much she's improved in one year. Maya wasn't supposed to be in the performance this year -- she performed last year in a Frosty the Snowman ballet, but they weren't doing that piece this year. But when Zoe's teacher saw her doing Zoe's dance (Maya has been watching Zoe's class all semester!), she decided to put Maya in as the littlest shepard.
A month of after-class rehearsals and Sunday in-studio rehearsals, two stage rehearsals, and three performances later, I've got two proud and exhausted girls! And I'm the proudest mom on the block!
And I've gotten the perfect picture for our Christmas cards this year . . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! clf

AlisonG said...

Your girls are adorable!

P.S. "Shepard" is a common misspelling, but it's actually "shepherd."

malinda said...

Oops! Thanks for the spelling correction -- I've got a legal reference book, Shepard's Citations, on the brain!

Anonymous said...

And try writing or speaking about a "statue" as opposed to a "statute"--it's virtually impossible for me to remove the second "t"--especially now that I'm English challenged anyway! clf

LisaLew said...

I want a Christmas card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!