Thursday, December 31, 2009

Magic 8 Ball & Birth Parents

We're still in Vermont, and the girls are having a ball. Not only have they made snow angels and a snowman, they've gone sledding for the first time in their lives. They didn't even need all of that -- they are thrilled by the snow falling from the sky and actually sticking on the ground!

To add to the quintessential Vermont experience, we went to the Vermont Country Store, where amongst the udder balm, "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific" Shampoo, Vermont extra-sharp cheddar, and Black Jack and Clove gum, were classic toys -- including the Magic 8 Ball.

Maya had no trouble coming up with a question -- "Will I marry Connor?" Connor is her current crush in her kindergarten class. Thank goodness, the answer was "Too soon to predict!"

Zoe pondered for a while, and then asked, "Will I find my birth parents?" Uh-oh, the answer came back, "Outlook not looking good." So of course she asked again. This time, the answer was more to her liking -- "It is decidedly so." Her next question was, "Do my birth parents think about me?" Again, not an answer she approved of -- "Not likely." When she asked again, the answer was "Absolutely!"

After the negative answers, I explained that the Magic 8 Ball was just a toy, and really couldn't predict anything. I didn't convince Zoe after she got the positive answers -- she just figures you have to ask the question twice to get the right answer!

I asked the Magic 8 Ball a question of my own: "Will my friends, real and virtual, have a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year?" The magic came through for me -- the answer was, "It is decidely so!"

So I'll add my wishes to those of the Magic 8 Ball -- have a Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Its sounds like a great time in Vermont! I love those little country stores. Bless Zoe's heart. If only we could answer such a difficult question for her.

Happy New Year!
Blessings,
Robin

Mahmee said...

Vermont! What fun!
Happy New Year!
M.

Jeff and Madeline said...

Happy New Year to you too!

Anonymous said...

Xin Nian Kaui Le!

Cheers,
Bernice

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed this wedding story and pictures that went with it.
Happy New Year to you , Zoe et Maya.
Love
Tatie Guilou