Monday, April 27, 2009

Oooooo-KAAAY!

I love this story from China Daily, which you would NEVER find in a U.S. newspaper:

Educationally mismatched but amorously sound

Despite public apathy, a woman with a master's degree has married a man with just a high school diploma in Yingyang, Henan province.

Ma Yanxia and her husband Tong Lixiang, a farmer from east China's Zhejiang province, first met online in 2007 and got married last month.

The couple are living a happy and harmonious life despite warnings from people that they were not suited for one another.

In addition to planting and growing rice, they want to raise fish and run a fruit garden.

1 comment:

Jeff and Madeline said...

I guess they would disapprove of my marriage too! It is the same thing, I have a Masters + a bit and he has a high school diploma--I guess they don't take work experience/skilled trade into account! lol