Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dutch Documentary About Finding Birth Parents

I'm sure many of you have heard about the Dutch family who found their daughter's birth parents in China, with a documentary film crew doing the search and filming the results. I've been procrastinating about posting the link, describing how to find the portion of the video devoted to the birth parent search, providing the lengthy English translation . . . .

. . . . and once again, procrastination pays off! I'm amazed and gratified at how my life philosophy of "putting off until tomorrow whatever possible" keeps getting little reinforcements!

I was playing around online, and discovered that Lara at Strange Journey . . . My Journey has already done the heavy lifting! Follow her link to the documentary and read along with the English translation she provides, and be amazed. Thanks, Lara!

5 comments:

Mei-Ling said...

I watched it.

Broke my heart when the mother started crying...

So sad...

Jeff and Madeline said...

I saw it awhile back. It really hits close to home when we are so close in our search/discovery as well. Having contact makes such a difference in your lives.

Sheri said...

I have the first episode of this story posted on my blog with a translation on Friday, February 02, 2007, title: "10 yr old Dutch girl finds her birth parents in China". I've never posted the followup shows and translations, but I've seen them... Eline met her birthparents in 2008. Very emotional viewing...

Mei-Ling said...

Sheri - I know. I watched it and cringed when the mother started crying...

Is there any clip of the adoptee actually meeting them? If so, I'd like to see that. (Or was she the girl being held by an elderly woman in the video you posted?)

Meadow said...

I found the part when the Father was crying very emotional....

http://www.stichting-eline.org/filmpjes_NL.htm

http://www.stichting-eline.org/index.htm

How amazing and wonderful that Eline was able to meet her family.