1. Birth mothers are all teenagers.Sometimes I feel that debunking these myths is a full-time job! How many have you encountered? How do you clear up the misconceptions? If you haven't had to yet, Shannon gives you great ammunition for doing so.
2. Open adoption is confusing to kids.
3. They hate girls in China.
4. Black babies are the latest trend among celebrities.
5. Adoptive parents are saintly for adopting.
6. Adopted kids are lucky.
7. Adoption costs a lot of money and only rich people can afford it.
8. There is a high level of risk that once adopted, a child will be given back to/taken back by biological family members.
9. Birth mothers are saintly for placing their children in adoption. OR Birth mothers are demons for getting pregnant unintentionally/being “unfit”/not loving their children enough to raise them.
10. Adoption is the opposite of abortion. As long as we have one, we don’t need the other.
1 month ago