Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I'm Legit"


I posted about this song by Zara Phillips and Darryl McDaniels (DMC of 2009 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductee Run-DMC), after I heard it at the American Adoption Conference convention in April 2009. Now you can see the video! Great song, great video!

Both artists are adopted, and produced this song to support open records in adoption. I've written before about the practice of amending birth certificates to substitute the names for adoptive parents for birth parents, and then sealing that original birth certificate with the accurate birth information. I think adoptive parents should stand up for open records, recognizing that we have nothing to fear from our children's natural interest in their birth families. I hope the emotion in these lyrics will convince others that open records is the only humane option.

No comments: