Wednesday, September 21, 2011

No Citizenship for Illegally Adopted Man

From the Ventura County Star:
Illegal immigrant children are often unknowing and unwilling criminals in the United States. I know this because I am one.

I was illegally adopted by two U.S. citizens who were deceived the same way that I was. In 1984, my adoptive parents bought me from a corrupt adoption attorney in Tijuana, Mexico, who had me smuggled into the country illegally when I was 4 days old.

Between 2006 and 2010, I had a Social Security number, a work authorization card and a driver's license, with a green card application being processed in hopes of becoming legal in the country that I grew up in believing I was a citizen.

Today, I am 26 years old and an illegal immigrant who has never had a home in Mexico and I can't speak Spanish. By the end of 2010, I had received a rejection notice for my green card because as an infant, I illegally entered the country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The attorney was surely corrupt, AS WERE THIS MAN'S "PARENTS". Buying human beings is unethical and here is a case that demonstrates one of the many horrid results for children treated as heads of cattle. Repulsive.