Friday, December 30, 2011

Red Letter Day



A big day for Zoe today -- her first pointe shoes!  She approached it with excitement and trepidation, though the real fear won't come until her first class on pointe on January 15.   Of course, it isn't as magical and ethereal as it all looks -- she learned about toe pads and toe spacers and mesh bags to air out the shoes after sweating through class. But after 8 years of ballet, this is a true milestone for my biggest ballerina (Maya, three years behind Zoe, is so jealous!)!



But Maya did get her red letter day on Christmas day -- she finally managed the much-anticipated loss of her second front tooth so that she could sing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!"


Yes, another thinly-disguised excuse to post cute pictures of my incredibly cute kids!


3 comments:

Real Daughter said...

That is HUGE!!! I remember my first toe shoes, and the lamb's wool pads! Congrats to both your girls!!

Joy said...

Congratulations to Zoe! My 8 year old is working her way toward the same. :-)

Anne said...

So proud and happy for Zoe!